Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout reviews are super rare as this is a product that is relatively new to the market. I was fortunate enough to get my hands some right away and I am super pumped to tell you if it works or not. Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout is probably the longest product name in the entire world and it’s super annoying to type but hey I love you guys enough to type it out a handful of times. And yeah. We’re going to type it out many, many times in this review as we cover off on every single aspect of this pre workout. If this pre workout was Ryan Gosling, you know exactly what’s about to happen. Yeah. That’s right. Use your imagination. We’re going to get down and dirty with Transparent Labs today. I’ll start off by talking about this product’s flavor and tastes that you get when you drink it. Wow that was poorly phrased. Get it together. We’ll talk about the performance after we talk flavor. I mean- you guys need to know if Pre Series Lean Pre Workout actually works, right? Of course you do. After that we’ll talk about the formula and award a supplement fact score to this pre workout. I’ll wrap things up with a packaging grade, and then tie it all together with a final review grade at the end. So as my caffeine buzz wears, off it’s time to get into this thing: My official Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout review.
Transparent Labs is an interesting case study. As you know from my other reviews I’m a huge fan of the underdog. And you can tell Transparent is exactly that. From their half-baked website to their rather small social media followings so far- this is your classic ‘garage’ supplement company. It’s the American dream in action. And that’s why I agreed to do a review on the product at the request of one of my readers. She reached out on Facebook and asked if I had heard of Transparent Labs. Well of course I had not. But after giving their mission statement a read, and looking over the ingredients deck of their Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout, I decided it would be worth a shot! So naturally I headed on over to the website to order some, only to be dismayed that the product was not even available yet! I re-reached back out to my fan, and asked if she would send me some. I don’t know how she got it, but a few days later I had a plastic bag full of Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout in my mailbox. Nothing like getting a bag full of powder in the mail, right? LOL. I guess I’ll start by telling you about how Pre Series Lean Pre Workout tastes.
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Flavor Grade: 7.5
Yuhuck! That’s my first reaction to Transparent Labs and I’m sorry but not sorry because you should really be aware that this is not going to be a pleasant taste experience for you. Sure taste is subjective but just trust me you’re going to hate how this pre workout tastes. The flavor I had must have been an attempt at a blue raspberry I think…confirming…yeah definitely a blue raspberry, which might be the worst flavor for me let’s make sure we’re very clear about the fact that even the best blue raspberry tastes make me slightly nauseous. And by slightly I mean very. And holy cow could this coffee shop be any freaking louder. I get it people, you are caffeinated. That doesn’t mean start screaming to the person next to you. Like. Shut. Up. Now. Blah. And stop looking at me! Haven’t you ever seen someone take a random powder out of their backpack and start drinking it randomly? No? Ok. Whatever. Go away. But back to Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout. The tastes are I guess of raspberry and some other generic berry taste. Definitely some artificial blueberry taste as well. But what really gets me about this one is like halfway through your sip, it’s like all the berry flavors just totally disappear. All the sweetness instantly disappears. What you are left with is something totally unpleasant. It’s like sort of a sand taste like when you are surfing and the ocean makes you eat sand. We’ve all been there. And there’s a super bitter acid-ey taste to that sand. That’s what Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout blue raspberry tastes like. But hey. I can forgive the taste if the product kicks butt. Time to hold my nose, chug the rest down, and get in the gym and out of this madness coffee shop.
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Performance Grade: 8.8
Alright. Back in the serenity of my apartment after a relatively successful workout. I ended up doing some ab work, some cardio, and then some arms. I know. You aren’t supposed to try and do so much in a single session. But I was feeling it. And I wanted to be able to tell you how this pre workout worked for me for a variety of different styles of working out. I’ll tell you how it did for each one:
- Abs: I really liked Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout for ab training. I hate a pre workout where you actually get an ab pump going during your crunches. This pre workout by Transparent just made me feel energized and gave me some good focus to boot. I did my standard circuit four times and then moved on straight to the cardio.
- Cardio: Again, really happy with the way Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout works for cardio. If you’re wondering if Pre Series Lean Pre Workout is good for cardio, the answer is assuredly a resounding yes. I would definitely recommend it to my cardio bunny friends because I felt both focused and strong from beginning to end. But how did it work for my arm training? Could it really go three for three?
- Arm Training: Indeed this pre workout worked out nicely for arms. Conversely to abs, I don’t mind a little bit of that pumped up feeling from a pre workout as I’m doing arm training. I definitely still had some energy, and my endurance was quite good at this point too. But I think what was lacking, and the biggest reason why I can’t give this product an ‘A’ on performance, is just how it wasn’t getting the job done for me in terms of a pump. Like. For me the pump tells me that I’m really getting good blood flow to the muscle and that I’m doing all the right things to breakdown that muscle group. But with Transparent there’s like literally no pump. It’s practically the reverse pump pre workout. I don’t know why. It’s super weird. But hey, we can’t all be perfect like White Rapids, right? Ok let’s discuss the ingredients and see what’s going on under the hood.
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Ingredient Profile Grade: 9.0
I have to give it to Transparent Labs on the formula. They’ve really done a nice job of selecting a group of effective ingredients for a pre workout boost. This is actually one of the larger ‘big blend’ pre workouts that I’ve seen lately. It must have cost a fortune for Transparent to produce a product with this much raw material. But hey. I’m not complaining. It’s a good product. Here is the list of ingredients in Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout:
- Citrulline Malate
- Beta Alanine
- Betaine HCI
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Choline Bitartrate
- Raspberry Ketones
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Synephrine HCI
Just writing out all these ingredients really makes me realize why this product was so hugely successful for me from an energy and endurance standpoint, but then just a little bit of a let-down when I really wanted that pump. Transparent looks like they spent a ton of time developing Pre Series Lean Pre Workout to give that super heightened energy and focus, but then sort of lost momentum (or budget) when it came time to give the product the pump. But it’s a give-take world in the pre workout world. I agree with their decision to make a super effective energy and focus pre workout.
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Packaging Grade: 7.0
If there’s one thing you would expect transparent labs to do well- it is obviously make a wonderful, well-thought-out formula. And they’ve done that. What you wouldn’t expect them to do is make something look that great. And they’ve also met that expectation. The appearance of this pre workout really does lack, in every area. Is there a certain clean, minimalist, theme that is totally appropriate for a company named ‘Transparent Labs’? Absolutely. But there’s a ton they could have done to keep with their ‘clean’ theme without making the product look like it was designed by an accountant. I meann. C’mon guys. You spend all that time and money to develop a super formula and then you make it look like a piece of paper. A blank one. The product name and company name are quite clear and prominent in their boring blue font. But other than that you don’t have a ton to even talk about when it comes to Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout packaging. There’s no soul. There’s no emotion. Just blah. It’s like a dishrag. Just boring. Like my ex. But anyways. They’ll get it right someday I’m sure. Let’s wrap this thing up.
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Review Summary:
- Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Flavor Grade: 7.5
- Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Performance Grade: 8.8
- Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Packaging Grade: 7.0
- Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Value Grade: 8.5
Pre Workout reviews can be tough sometimes. Sometimes it’s hard to really find the good and the bad in these powders. But I will say Transparent Labs made this review quite easy for me. The things it does well, it does really well. The things it does bad, it does really bad. It’s that ‘all-or-nothing’, ‘yes or no’ type of product that I actually don’t mind. This product tastes bad and looks bad, but performs really quite good. If you have the budget for more of a top-shelf pre workout, than this might not be a bad option. Plus, it’s good to support the little guy every now and then, right? That’s all I got. Thanks for reading my Transparent Labs Pre Workout Review.*
Transparent Labs Pre Series Lean Pre Workout Final Score: 8.5
- Livwell Protein Review – Is it Good? Why Yes, it is. Here’s Why.. - April 15, 2023
- Clean Simple Eats Protein Powder Review – Why I Don’t Trust It - March 29, 2023
- EarthChimp Protein Review:Why It’s Absolutely Worth a Try - March 20, 2023