Hard to believe we’re now seeing the second pre workout from Performix Ion. This company seems to be growing right before our very eyes, with the first pre workout ‘Ion’ being an increasingly popular choice among the bodybuilding and weightlifting crew. As you know from reading my full review of that product, I really had a remarkable experience from it. Whoa. Why did I type that sentence so weird. Lol. I think it’s because of this weird techno music playing in the Starbucks I’m in. Like. What are you guys doing? I feel like I’m at a club. LOL. But anyways. Peroformix ION, the original, is way too hardcore for women. They probably read my review which helped them decide to make a women’s version. I’m not kidding. How else would they know that women find it way too hardcore? Maybe I’m being vain. But I’m not surprised that they made the ‘Glow’ AKA ‘women’s’ version of Ion Pre Workout. In this review I’ll tell you how this version compares to the original, and if this is the pre workout of the future. For women. Let’s jump in.
The beadlets. Who can forget the beadlets. It seems like everyone is loving on the beadlets. Performix is just killing it with their proprietary technology! I personally experienced just how powerful the beadlet effect is. Go read my performance review of the original ION and you can see just how wild this stuff really is. I mean. I was like HYPER for hours after taking Ion pre workout. But then I CRASHED. And I crashed HARD. It was freaking nuts. But let’s talk about how this women’s version works. Is it any different than the original?
Does Performix Ion Glow Work?
So that question is just a framework for my lead-in to the performance section of the review. In this section I’m going to tell you how my Ion-Glow-Fueled workout performed. I think there are a few things that this pre workout did for my workout today.
- The first thing that it did, and probably the most noticeable effect of taking Performix Ion Glow period, is, of course, the energy. I know they probably distilled the energy down a bit to make the original Ion pre workout more female-friendly, but honestly I still got my butt handed to me by Performix Ion Glow. I was super pumped and ready to hit the gym after, oh, about 10 minutes of drinking Ion Glow.
- The second effect that this pre workout had on me, and is likely to have on you, is that it is super full of the same workout endurance properties of the original. I found that while I didn’t have quite the level of STRENGTH as I did from the original, I was still able to workout for really a long time. Much longer than I would have, had I taken a lesser pre workout.
- The third benefit of taking Performix Ion Glow is the taste. I’m not going to spend TOO much time in this Ion Glow review flushing it out into it’s own paragraph, but I can tell you that the Strawberry Margarita-flavored Ion Glow that I had (it was a sample from my friend who actually got his hands on a prototype version somehow). But I thought this flavor of Ion Glow was ON POINT. I can’t believe how close to actual ripe strawberry it tasted. The margarita element was there too somehow. Even if it was a little faint. This stuff tastes so good that I’m seriously considering making a mixed drink with it next time me and my girls go out. Lol. Did I just say that out loud? Oops. Yolo! But. Yeah. I really like how this pre workout tastes. Let’s move on to the formula section.
Performix Ion Glow Formula Grade: 8.0
I think Performix does a good job walking the line between making good products on the outside AND the inside. You don’t always get the same level of quality across BOTH sides of the mix. Some products look fantastic but are just junk on the inside (Kind of like ProteinWorld), and then some others look truly atrocious (like Gnarly Nutrition or Transparent Labs), but actually make amazing products.
Performix formulations are not going to win Jim Stoppanis award for smartest formula of the year. And you won’t hear Layne Norton singing it’s praises on his blog. But what you have here is, as I expected, basically a ‘dumbed down’ version of the original Ion pre workout. The big different between Ion and Ion Glow, is that the original Ion has creatine and Advantra-Z, whereas the Ion Glow swaps those out for ‘Verisol’, which are collagen Peptides combined with CLA and Hyaluronic Acid. Here is the full list of ingredients:
Carnosyn Beta Alanine
Rauwolscine (yohimbine HCI)
Wow. You know what? After taking that deeper look at the ingredients it looks like they actually did keep the creatine HCI in here. That’s super surprising to me. I swear it wouldn’t be in there because it’s for women and it tends to make you hold more water in the cells. But. Nope. It’s in there. The other difference between Ion Glow and Ion original is that Glow has 75mg less caffeine per serving, which is not surprising.
Performix Ion Glow Packaging Grade: 8.9
Well, as good as Performix packaging is, I’m actually going to keep them out of the ‘A’ range today because I really don’t like the direction that they’ve gone with the women’s version here.
You know that this is my 98th pre workout review. 98th. That means I’ve reviewed almost one hundred of these pre workout products. I KNOW what looks good and what looks bad. You won’t find a more knowledgable supplement reviewer on the entire internet. You just won’t. Performix Ion Glow doesn’t look feminine to me. The orange and white just look like an alternate version of their other products. I’m really surprised that they didn’t go with a black and pink look, similar to NLA or Fitmiss. But remember me saying I think they used my review of the original Ion to make this product? I think that’s actually real. And I think they read those other reviews and how I think black and pink is just way overused. Because it really is. So they probably chose to go with, well, something a little less conventional because I said so. It’s not a bad idea at all. Anyways. I still think their branding and packaging is a success. I love the square jars, and I think it’s neat that they just go above and beyond to do things differently. I’m not in love with the color palette, but I am certainly still a fan of Performix packaging!
Performix Ion Glow Review Summary
- Performix Ion Glow Performance Grade: 8.9
- Performix Ion Glow Flavor Grade: 8.9
- Performix Ion Glow Formula Grade: 8.0
- Performix Ion Glow Packaging Grade: 8.9
- Performix Ion Glow Pre Workout Value Grade: 8.0
I like Glow more than I do the original Ion Pre workout. So from that statement alone, I think we can say that Ion Glow pre workout for women is an undeniable success.*
Performix Ion Glow Final Review Score: 9.0
- Innermost Lean Protein Review: Why I Suggest You Skip It - November 9, 2022
- Ambrosia Planta Protein REVIEW: Should You Avoid This One? - November 3, 2022
- My Honest Earth Protein REVIEW: Is it a Must-Try? - November 1, 2022