Sweet Sweat is one of those products that you can ignore for a pretty long time (like how about three years), before at some point you’ve just got to put pen to paper and do a review. How crazy is it that pen literally never gets put to paper anymore. Crazy. As a matter of fact I just recently came to the realization that there literally isn’t a pen in my apartment. Wow. But. Yes. As you may have guessed, today’s review is all about Sweet Sweat …gel. I guess I’m going to categorize it as fat burning gel here on the site. The Sweet Sweat review is certainly a first for my blog here- as literally all of the preceding reviews have been traditional forms of dietary supplements. That means either powders or pills. But what happened is that so many of you have reached out to me asking about this product that I just had to get my hands on some and give it an actual test. So let’s get right into it- My Sweet Sweat Review.
Sweat Sweat reviews got me laughing like crazy over here. Surely these people can’t be serious? Sweet Sweat (try spelling that a bunch of times over and over). Just realized that’s exactly what I’m about to do. Yikes. Ok folks it’s that time again. Time for another Fit Life Allie review. I feel like this one is going to be a little shorter than the others but hopefully I can give you a good idea of if Sweet Sweat actually works and is worth a trial. Let me start by saying I used Sweet Sweat for a grand total of three days now, in conjunction with ATHENA Intense Pre Workout in my new favorite flavor (watermelon)(heart eyes emoji).. So since I’ve only used Sweet Sweat for three days, it might be different from some other reviews that you read in that I didn’t really give it the longest amount of time to ‘work it’s magic’. But that’s because I guess I just wasn’t in love with Sweet Sweat enough to want to continue using it. (OMG great song just came on- WOO!). (Any other trance fans out there?). Ok let me tell you about the three times that I’ve used Sweet Sweat and what it did or didn’t do for me:
Sweet Sweat Performance Evaluation Grade: 7.0
- Workout Number One: My first workout with Sweet Sweat (I literally just typed ‘while taking Sweet Sweat’ and then realized you don’t take it but rather apply it lol) was yesterday morning for my bike ride of 45 minutes. This bike ride was the bane of my existence coming off one of the most fantastically disastrous weekends of my life, and I guess you could say I was even a little bit nervous coating my body in this aromatic gel prior to the workout. The premise of Sweet Sweat is that you put it all over the fat areas of your body, and then the gel will make those areas sweat to a greater extent and rid the area of fat. It’s literally the magic ‘spot-healing’ phenomenon that you hear about as a prime example of something that’s literally impossible. Am I wrong? No. I’m not. I’m never wrong. ‘Spot-healing’ or being able to magically lose fat in some areas and not others has been disproven hundreds of times. I mean. I never even bought into Sweet Sweat working. It’s impossible, right? Well. I don’t want to say I was wrong, but, during my first workout I actually noticed that the areas where I did put Sweet Sweat were sweating PROFUSELY. I guess I sweat alot, or more than most people due to my active lifestyle and corresponding higher metabolism, but this was on a different level. I mainly applied Sweet Sweat to my obliques and tricep areas (either though neither is particularly fat)(grinning emoji), and did notice that I had sweat pouring down my arms relatively quickly. I’m also fairly certain that my obliques were sweating more than usual, even though we all know your armpits are also in that proximity and could’ve been the culprit. I finished my workout and toweled off because of the sheer amount of my ‘Sweet’ Sweat that was dripping everywhere. I must also say that I got some interesting looks in the gym like ‘is this girl ok?’ to which the answer would have been a resounding ‘no’. Lol. So I guess the verdict was sort of inconclusive after my first workout on whether or not Sweet Sweat actually ‘works’. Did I sweat more? Yes. But there’s no way of knowing if I actually burned through a bunch of fat in those areas. Clearly another workout was warranted.
- My second workout on Sweet Sweat was a little bit less conclusive of an experience at least when it comes to the sweating. I should mention that my second workout was a small weight training session during which I performed a shoulder circuit consisting of bent over 45 deg. frontal raises for 20 reps, and then stood up and performed 20 more reps this time with more of a strict front raise. I mixed in some lat rows and also some biceps curls as I got bored and my shoulders fatigued. Overall it was an atrocious workout- whether I was coated in petroleum jelly (yeah that’s actually what it is) or not would not really have mattered. I put it like all over myself for this second workout, and pretty much it felt terrible. It makes your clothes really feel uncomfortable at the beginning. And even when you do start sweating you can still tell that there’s something foreign on your skin. It’s truly unusual. I did sweat a little more than usual during this workout but I don’t think it was as significant this second time. I mean it’s probably because I just didn’t sweat as much during this low-quality workout. But anyways. Maybe workout 3 would shed some light on whether or not Sweet Sweat works.
- My final workout with Sweet Sweat was this morning. This morning’s workout was just an all out misery session on the bike. Coming off my lousy weight training effort of last evening, I just decided to go with cardio only. I needed those endorphins. Plus, Sweet Sweat clearly has more impact during cardio. So during this mornings session a super sweaty guy got on the bike right next to me and I think he either snorted crack before the workout, or he was trying to impress me. Or both (totally possible). He seriously did not stop pedaling at a million miles per hour the entire time. It was both gross and motivating at the same time. I found myself pushing a little harder not so much to impress him back but also to prove that I was as dedicated to my fitness as he was. I could once again feel Sweet Sweat work some magic on my pores as they opened up and I started dripping wet. Let’s just say I finally had to use those sterile wipes after today’s session.
As for the final verdict on Sweet Sweat- I just don’t know about this stuff. Yes you do sweat a bit more when using it, but it’s not like I was visibly different in any way in terms of my physique or anything. I might look a little ‘drier’, slash less hydrated than I did 72 hours ago, but it’s really a toss-up. I wouldn’t tout this as the next miracle treatment for fat loss, if that’s what you want to know. I should also say that I’m fairly fit (hair flip), so maybe the effects are more pronounced for someone who is…less in shape?
Sweet Sweat Ingredients: N/A
Here are the list of ingredients in Sweet Sweat. I can’t really add a ton of insight into the pros and cons of coating yourself in oil prior to a workout, because I’m not an oil expert. Unless you count late night massages. LOL. Get your mind out of the gutter, Allie. Yes here are the ingredients:
- white snow petrolatum
- brazilian carnauba wax
- acai pulp oil
- pomegranate seed oil
- organic coconut oil
- oorganic jojoba oil
- virgin camelina oil
- squalane oil (olive)
- aloe vera extract
- d-tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e)
- natural fragrance
Sweat Sweat Packaging Grade: 7.0
Sweet Sweat is scoring pretty low on packaging because, well, it’s just not that great of packaging. There’s really nothing special whatsoever about a black package with bold yellow font. It just don’t impress me much! Of course I’m somewhat of a packaging stickler- but let’s face it there’s nothing special about what Sports Research has done here. There is no background graphics. There are no special materials. There just wasn’t a ton of thought that got put into this design. If I had to give it one positive, it’s that the yellow ’honey drop’ that adorns the top of the lid is quite handsome. Even though it really does look like honey and not sweat. But it is a nice touch. I think the other thing that I should give Sports Research some credit on is the product name itself. Sweet Sweat. It’s sexy and racy and attractive and I like it. In that sense it’s alot like me. (Hair flip y’all). Ok I’m clearly over this review let’s get on to the final Sweet Sweat Review Summary.
Sweet Sweat Review Summary:
- Sweet Sweat Performance Evaluation Grade: 7.0
- Sweet Sweat Ingredients: N/A
- Sweet Sweat Packaging Grade: 7.0
- Sweet Sweat Value Grade: 8.0
I’m giving Sweet Sweat a final score of 7.4 because it’s value is pretty fair at just $24 bucks on Amazon. If you are overweight and have tried more traditional fat burners (I just think it’s more comfortable to swallow a little pill rather than slather your body in petroleum jelly and oils) to no avail, than maybe it’s worth giving Sweet Sweat a shot. Just have someone give you a good rub down after.*
Sweet Sweat Final Review Score: 7.4
- Livwell Protein Review – Is it Good? Why Yes, it is. Here’s Why.. - April 15, 2023
- Clean Simple Eats Protein Powder Review – Why I Don’t Trust It - March 29, 2023
- EarthChimp Protein Review:Why It’s Absolutely Worth a Try - March 20, 2023