My Furian Review. That would have been a great title for this article because that’s exactly what it is. An Adaptogen Science Furian review. It’s actually the first one in the entire world I think because I did not see a single Furian review on the Adaptogen website yet. But this is excusable. After all, Adaptogen Science is a very young brand with lots and lots of growth ahead. Today I’m more than excited to tell you about Furian because this is a product that visually reminds me of one of my favorite fat loss supplements of all time. A fat loss supplement so legendary that it has dominated my top ten list of best fat burners for women for over two years. And you want to know why that is? It’s because I’m super lazy and haven’t updated the list like I was supposed to. And that’s why my Top Ten list of Fat Burners still says 2014 on it. But the point is this: Adaptogen Furian (hey that sort of rhymes) reminds me alot of Cellucor Super HD. From a packaging standpoint, that is. I was hoping that it would perform at the same high level. But guess what? It sort of didn’t. And in this Furian review I’ll tell you what makes it different from Super HD. So here’s how these fat burners work: I take them for two weeks, and then at the end I do a full review here on the site. I’ll talk about the ingredients and formula. Then I’ll talk about the packaging and labeling, and at the very end, just because I want to make you READ, I’ll tell you how this product actually worked for me. Sound good? Good. Get your reading glasses on because it’s time to get started on this Adaptogen Furian review.
Well thanks for stopping on by because this is going to be a great review of Furian. The Furian Fat Burner is the second Adaptogen product to get the Fit Life Allie treatment, and I think you’ll be amused and informed by what you are about to read. Usually I start with the performance grade but today I’d like to focus on something that I consider more important (at least with this particular product), and that is the ingredients.
Adaptogen Furian Ingredients Grade: 6.8
Out of Ten. Well this is certainly a rocky start for Furian. Sort of suprising seeing as I did enjoy ‘Tasty Whey’, which is Adaptogen’s Protein Powder that I reviewed just yesterday. But the product that reminds me so much of Super HD could not be much further from Cellucor’s crown jewel in terms of formulation. The Adaptogen product contains a very questionable list of ingredients in my opinion. Ingredients that alot of companies are hesitant to put in their products because of concerns over safety and sufficient research. I’m sort of glad that I took my two week cycle of Furian before reading the fine print of the supplement facts and ingredients because quite frankly I’m not sure I would have taken this fat burner if I had known that some of these ingredients were in here.
Ok so I’m being a little dramatic here. Do I think you are going to keel over and die from taking Furian? No. But the whole point of my blog is to try and give you a little bit of education on the products. I want you to be able to confidently know everything about each of the products that you are thinking of trying, because alot of times the supplement industry can be an intimidating and confusing landscape. So let’s talk about some of the ingredients in Furian. I’ll list them out and give you my two-cents on each:
- Caffeine: This is to be expected in any fat loss or thermogenic product. There is a stiff dosage of caffeine in Adaptogen Furian at 200mg per capsule
- Dendrobium Extract: Yikes. This is the ingredient that I am a little afraid of. It was first used in Driven Sports pre workout Craze about six years ago. It has a reputation as one of those ‘borderline’ ingredients. I usually steer clear of this stimulant because not alot is known about it’s safety in humans. It is a stimulant but I question it’s safety.
- Citrus Aurantium: Advantra-Z provides a nice source of synephrine from Bitter Orange. I like this ingredient and it has powerful fat loss capabilities.
- Yohimbe Extract (bark): Yohimbe is yet ANOTHER stimulant, putting the number of stims at now four for Adaptogen Furian. Is this an energy drink or a fat burner?
- Coleus Forskohlli: Coleus Forskohlli is used as a testosterone booster, which I guess would improve body composition. As a chick I don’t want this in my fat burner though!
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Of all the ingredients I like this one the most. GCB is a very powerful fat loss ingredient that works by supplying chlorogenic acid.
- 7-Keto DHEA: DHEA is used to boost weight loss and metabolism, but the verdict is really out whether or not it is actually effective.
- N-Acetyl-Tyrosine: This acetylated form of L-Tyrosine is used for adrenal support.
- Bioperine Black Pepper Extract: This ingredient is used for improving the absorption of the nutrients.
As you can see, this is a very stimulant-intense formula. And even though I promised you a packaging review next, I think I’d rather just tell you what you’re probably here for right now- you want to know Does Adaptogen Furian Work? Well. Yes, and No.
Adaptogen Furian Performance Grade: 8.5
I took Furian for two weeks, and from day 1 to day 14 I’ll be pretty honest with you- I did not lose fat. I weighed basically the same weight (give or take a quarter pound), and I also did not notice significant changes in my physique. Obviously sometimes you could end up keeping the same weight and just re-distributing it among muscle and fat. In fact that is something that some products can do. As a matter of fact after taking Inspired Ember (Or 3MB3R), as it is sometimes called, I’m pretty sure I GAINED weight but lost fat, which is sort of awesome.
But Furian didn’t seem to do that for me. After about a week of taking Furian I thought that I was starting to see some progress, but I came to find that I was actually just getting super dehydrated. Which brings me to one of the key things you should know about Adaptogen Furian- there is so much stimulant in here that it’s tough to take it without becoming dehydrated very very fast. I honestly think that I was dehydrated to an unhealthy degree after my fifth day of Furian. I definitely APPEARED leaner, but it was because there was just no water covering my muscle anymore. That all sounds well and good, but your body NEEDS hydration to function. And for that reason I sort of question loading up a daily supplement with ingredients that form such an extreme diuretic.
But you’ll notice I gave this product a respectable grade anyways on performance. And that’s because despite it’s ability to dehydrate you, it DOES feel GREAT to take it. It’s crazy to me that just one little pill can give such an extreme energy boost. After seeing all these ingredients I’m not surprised that I felt the way I did after taking it. Literally like five minutes after you take Furian you feel like you can do anything. It was super appreciated by me because my last two weeks have been hellish at work. But powered by Furian I was unstoppable. That’s why my verdict on this product is that it might not be the most powerful fat loss supplement that I’ve tried, but holy cow is it a tremendous energy supplement.
Adaptogen Furian Packaging Grade: 8.8
There’s alot to get excited about visually with Furian. It’s just downright good-looking. If it was a car it would be a ’63 Mustang. It’s not the most feminine, I’ll admit. But hey, I’m TIRED of all those hot pink and black ‘sex-toy’ looking products. I’m an athlete, damnit. (Um you’re a butch tomboy Allie). (Am not!). (Are too!). Whatsup split personalities. LOL. Yikes. Must be getting late. But you know what I mean by classic beauty right? I mean the colors are just CLASSIC. Black and gold. Touches of red. It looks striking without looking like it’s trying too hard. As you know if you are a long-time reader of my blog is that I am an absolute sucker for shiny. And if there’s one word that comes to mind when you look at Adaptogen Furian it is just that : shiny. The gold jar is beautiful and eye-catching on the shelf. I really enjoy laying eyes on Furian each time I went to take my pill. Don’t underestimate the power of good packaging!
Adaptogen Furian Review Summary:
- Adaptogen Furian Ingredients Grade: 6.8
- Adaptogen Furian Performance Grade: 8.5
- Adaptogen Furian Packaging Grade: 8.8
- Adaptogen Furian Value Grade: 8.8
At just under a dollar per serving, Furian is reasonably priced. Given that the product is so stimulant-based I actually think they could have made it even cheaper. Most popular fat burners, like Fit Affinity are priced down closer to 40. Overall if you are looking for fat loss, there are better options than Furian. Yes I love the energy spike, but if you want energy, there are also better options for that. So by that logic I really don’t have a home for Adaptogen Furian in my supplement cupboard.*
Adaptogen Furian Final Review Score: 8.0
- Livwell Protein Review – Is it Good? Why Yes, it is. Here’s Why.. - April 15, 2023
- Clean Simple Eats Protein Powder Review – Why I Don’t Trust It - March 29, 2023
- EarthChimp Protein Review:Why It’s Absolutely Worth a Try - March 20, 2023